Different operating requirements require different designs. The company's product development and application technology are bundled into one unit to provide the best possible support for customers and to offer the best individual solution - whether to adapt an existing product or to develop a new design. Based on many years of experience and expertise, GOETZE® has developed a robust analysis tool for the design of face seals.
This tool makes it possible to evaluate new sealing geometries by simulation, or to find solutions for existing problems with customer applications. The virtual design is then validated by a series of laboratory and test bench trials, which include preload, spring characteristics, temperature and wear parameters. Special requirement tests, such as long-term and mud box tests, supplement validation.
The most common design of mechanical face seals is the o-ring design. This design consists of two symmetrically tapered seal rings and two o-rings. The o-ring style has two versions, the 76.90H which has a ground profile, and the 76.97 which has an as-cast profile. In general, both versions are completely interchangeable.
At installation, the o-rings are compressed between the tapered contact surfaces of the seal ring and housing. The o-rings undergo a calculated compression which is critical for proper operation of the sealing system (dimension “A”). Cleanliness of the o-rings and housing (free of oil and dirt) is of primary importance. Lubrication of the o-rings with oil or grease is not permitted during the installation process.
Mechanical face seal type 76.90H consists of two geometrically identical metallic seal rings, located against the respective housing bores by means of large-volume O-rings.
- Material: Duronit or Coronit cast iron
- Seal elastomer(s) used in standard seals: NBR 50, NBR 60, HNBR 50, HNBR 60, HNBR 60CF, HNBR 70, VMQ 60, VMQ70, FPM 60, FPM 70
- Seal Weight Range (standard parts): 95 to 43,955 grams
- Seal Ring Outer Ø Range (standard parts): 58 to 1425 mm
- Seal Ring Inner Ø Range (standard parts): 45 to 1372 mm
- Seal Set Height Range (standard parts): 20 to 80 mm
- Detailed Seal and Housing Dimensions: see reference brochure
- Many standard and custom sizes available